Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mr. and Mrs. Penny Pincher

Last Saturday Dean and I went for a drive to an antique store. It was my compromise so that he would go bike riding with me.

It was a lovely sunny day and I really wanted to go bike riding. But I wasn't the only one who realized the day was lovely. Every 2 blocks there was a tag sale.

Dean and I joked about it, and I started asking him questions about tag sales.

When I realized he had no idea how to prepare a tag sale, I had to come to the conclusion: "You've never done a tag sale in your life, have you?"

"Not really."

Oh, that's right. I had forgotten I was talking to Dean Winters.

Dean never gives anything away. He uses it until it breaks. When it breaks, he fixes it and uses it again. When it breaks again, he fixes it once more, and uses it until it breaks again. And he fixes it one more time, and uses it until it crumbles into a million pieces. That's when he will shop for a used replacement.

Oh, dear ...

...that's why I married him.

No comments: