Wednesday, February 02, 2011

I don't want to get old

I don't want to get old. Why should I have to?

I remember when I was a kid I did not want to grow up. And I still feel like I don't. It's just fun being a kid. I do still feel like I am a kid. Ok, a kid with work to go and bills to pay and some grown-up perks at night, but a kid nonetheless.

So why do I have to get old? Old age does something really bad to people – it wrinkles their skin. Have you noticed that? I don't want that. I don't want my skin to be wrinkled. It looks fine the way it is. It looks fine!

What else? It gives people white hair! And because I did not get my great-grandma's genes (she was 86 and you could count a handful of whites, I know I will be one of those who needs to schedule regular visits to the hairdresser – yes, because you'll see me dead before you see me white-headed.

Call me vain, if you want. I don't care. I am vain. I do enjoy looking at myself in the mirror and going like – Dang, I'm beautiful! I do enjoy showing off what God gave me. I do enjoy super short skirts and blouses that draw every curve, or any type of clothing that lets the world know the material here is first class.

I hate the fact that beauty, as well as life, won't last a long as I wish it would. Why can't I just be 21 forever? Yes, I mean for ever. Like I want to live 100, 200, 300 years! I want to see everything that will happen and I want to be 21 so I can enjoy it. Who cares if everyone I know will be dead? I have been living away from my best friends for years now. It stinks, but I have survived. You meet new people, and even though they are not like your best friends, you can still enjoy their company. I wouldn't mind. I just wish I could.

But really, really, really, I just wish I did not have to get old. Even though I don't want to die anytime soon.

No comments: