Saturday, November 13, 2010

Think of me - anti-homework version - by Vika

So much homework to do. All piled up. And I feel nothing like doing it. I hate homework. Hate it! Hate it! With all my heart, mind and soul!

I remember my middle school years, when I used to sing those anti-school versions of famous songs, the ones that use to be love songs and we turned into songs that talked about how much we did not want to go to school, like Roberto Carlos famous, "Everything can go to hell". Instead of "What good is the sun shining in the beautiful sky?", we sang "What good are books for students to study?" It's kind of like what Weird All does.

I don't know who wrote this Roberto Carlos version. What I do know is that I wrote this one version of "Pense em Mim" (Think of Me), by country duo Leandro & Leonardo. I will write the English translation here. It's reall just a translation, if you try singing it, it won't match. It's just to give you an idea of what we used to sing.

Think of Me - anti-homework version By Vika

"Instead of you staying home doing homework
Instead of you worrying about homework
Come and play, grab your soccer ball, come run with me
No, don't do your homework
Come and play, grab your soccer ball, come run with me
No, don't do your homework
Homework...
Forget about homework

Look outside, it's the best of the sun, the sun, the sun -ooh, ooh
Makes me feel like going out
Let's hop on the first bus
headed to the Barra Lighthouse
At the Barra Lighthouse
Only you and me

Come and play, grab your soccer ball, come run with me
No, don't do your homework
Come and play, grab your soccer ball, come run with me
No, don't do your homework

Homework...
Forget about homework"

Ah, Good old middle school years... Of course I could not forget about homework! I was responsible. But homework was torture. So I wrote this other anti-school version of a famous Leandro e Leonardo song: (again, this is just the word by word translation, if you try singing it in English it will sound really bad)

I'm sorry but I will cry (Desculpe mas eu vou chorar) - anti-school version by Vika again

The lights of my room are on
showing all the books on my desk
And I am sitting here with me
in sheer torment

I hear my friends playing outside
I'm the only who's here working
I'm the family nerd at work
that's my lament

Then I start to wonder
"is studying really worth it?"
The sometimes I even think
"I will run away"
But then I come to my senses
I don't want a bad grade in English
And I still have to do my Portuguese homework

I will cry, I am sorry, but I will cry
I can't study anymore, I can't take that much pressure
I will cry, I am sorry, but I will cry,
But when Christmas time is here, I will not be in Summer School"

No comments: