Monday, July 12, 2010

packed full

I intended to blog about each of my days in Orlando. Unfortunately that did not work. The reason was very simple, I was a human leftover by the end of the day.
Each day we would wake up at 7:30 expecting to leave the house at 8:30, which did not always happen.
Each day we would walk and stand in line, and walk and stand in line for the whole day, except for the time we were eating and actually on some ride. We did not give up on the fun until the day was done, that is, at around 10 or 11 pm. That means that by the time we got back to the motel I really had not more energy for anythign other than a hot shower and bed.
I was hoping my husband would give me a foot massage, because my feet were so sore. But he on the other hand was hoping I would give him a back massage. No one's expectations were fulfilled because the other person was just about done with the day.
But each minute was worth it all. The sore feet, the few hours of sleep, the unfulfilled expectations... even the rain that soaked us on Monday as we desperately tried to get one more ride out of the day.
And the lack of live blogging does not mean our vacation will go untold.
I brought home every map and pictures of the places we've been too. Listening to my husband describing the vacation to his parents has also given me more insight of what to write.
Oh, yes, days like these must be registered, each and every one of them, their emotions, their surprises, their disappointments...
They're coming soon to a blog near you.

No comments: